I usually make a list of goals for each new year. For example, last year I had goals to quit my job and start a new business, gather up 10 new clients before starting said business and work harder than I ever had before, among a few others. I achieved all of my goals last year. So, I’m working in 2010 on a new set that is very ambitious:
- Take more pictures (more on that, later)
- Start a recurring podcast series
- Drink more water (to wart off kidney stones)
- Start planning and writing a book (either a memoir of the crazy crap I find myself dealing with or about starting a business as a young entrepreneur.)
- Blog more
- Actively join a new meetup that I don’t have to be in charge of (see: Refresh)
- Gather 50 new clients or achieve an annual net salary of $60,000 – whichever is first
- Go to a beach (Northern Indiana is fine – I like to keep my vacation dollars in Indiana)
- Read more books (iPad might help)
I’m off to a good start on a lot of these. I’m re-evaluating my Project 365 (gets tough to take a picture in the same house every day). I am drinking more water and I’m being very aggressive and successful in my business marketing without actually spending a dime on advertising.
I’m also well into blogging more and have re-designed my website to serve as a blog and not a “website”. The Justify Studios site takes care of the business end of things for me now.
There’s another item in there to round-out the list, but it’s personal and I’ve redacted it.