I just came across this story on CNN titled “Lawsuit Seeks to Bankrupt the Ku Klux Klan“. Since it’s a real wizz-dinger of a story, let me highlight some of the best parts:
- KKK Members in Kentucky beat a 16 year old boy with brown skin at a fair in Meade County. That’s in the Louisville metro area.
- A lawsuit seeking $6 million has been filed to permanently bankrupt the Klan.
- Previous lawsuits in Idaho and Alabama have been successful against the Klan.
- The Klan members are representing themselves in court. Stay Classy!
- The Klan webmaster settled out of court. I know, who thought the Klan would have a website?
- One defendant told NBC’s WAVE 3 TV on Wednesday that he already has paid a price for something he didn’t do. He said the legal system was “corrupt,” and that he was at the trial “because the law told me.” The story also mentions (because, evidently it’s important to note here) that he lives in a trailer in rural Kentucky.
- To protest his being sued, he demonstrated his contempt for the lawsuit by tattooing a “profane reference” to it on his freshly shaved head.